Sunday, July 11, 2010

Plan Your Work; Work Your Plan (2)

I had to write this as a rejoinder to last week’s article to emphasise the importance of tracking one’s plan. As a child growing up, it was quite easy recalling things I had to do. This ability stayed with me even while at the University. When I left school and starting working, I noticed that I could no longer recall things I had to do as easy as it was those early days.

I recall even once when my first boss at work told me several things I had to do and I said okay, okay, okay and then he asked, “won’t you write all I’ve said down?” to which I responded that I wouldn’t forget. Then my boss said, “oh, so you have a computer brain?” Honestly then I thought my boss was making a fuss until I noticed like I said that I starting forgetting things to do.

It was my reading of motivational books that made me see what I had to do: write things down. If you are like me and read motivational books you’d see one of things advised to do is write down one’s goals and plans.

Please take that advice very seriously especially where you have a very busy schedule. It would make the difference between keeping focused and losing track of what one is doing. When you write things down, it is easy to see where you are, what you’ve done, what you’re yet to do, what requires modification and even the process of doing them if your plan is very detailed.

Never assume you can clog your pretty head with things to do because with a busy schedule it just won’t work. You will find yourself drifting from one activity to another without really accomplishing things in an ordered fashion as planned, but haphazardly. More importantly, you will forget most things you intend doing unless they are written down.

It would look just like going shopping with a list of things to buy in your head and not written down. How many things can one possibly recall shopping this way? Very few I can assure you. Your head is best left free to do serious thinking about providing solutions to challenges if genuine wealth in life is your goal.

Finally, keep what you’ve written where you can see it most likely pasted on a wall if it’s a major plan so it gives you a picture of your progress as you accomplish each milestone.

There you have another wealth secret.

© copyright Gabriel Ama.
------------------------------------------------------
Click HERE to access insider secrets on how to start a business on Amazon, how to build it and profit from your efforts!
------------------------------------------------------



No comments: