Sunday, June 06, 2010

Get Yourself A Mentor



My life’s experience has made me understand the importance of having a mentor. However, it is important to also note that there are different kinds of mentors out there so I need to distinguish that I’m referring to positive minded mentors to fit into the purpose of this site.

A mentor is simply put, a person who will point one in the direction to go in life. This is why I said one should get a positive mentor. The mentor has experience having been through several challenges and coming out of them with lessons learnt. Such a person would therefore be in a better position to give direction to a less experienced individual.

Most teenagers (13 – 19) and young adults between ages 20 to 30 do not really understand why they should have a mentor since they believe they know so much at their age. Yes, I felt that way too during my teenage years and as a young adult and I took a lot of decisions on my own then.

However, looking back now, I know better and I also know that someone should have been there to guide me.

With a positive mentor, you will avoid many of life’s mistakes and make better decisions. You will gain insight into things that ordinarily would not make sense to you at the time and you will most certainly have less regrets later in life.

So how do you choose a mentor? There are several ways to choose a mentor. It could be from the books you read. I want to assume that for you to be reading this article shows you already have an interest in reading and so from your reading, it would be clear to see if the writer’s articles or books arouse your interest.

If it does create an emotional experience for you, then you will look forward to reading more articles and books from the same writer with a view to applying the lessons learnt. Thus, the writer becomes your mentor even without a physical meeting with him or her.

You could also choose your mentor from the physical evidence of the person’s lifestyle. Again, this should be a positive lifestyle as this site is about true wealth secrets. You would be so moved and impressed with the person’s lifestyle that you want to become like her or him.

In this case you would have to find a way of reaching out to the person either by e-mail or telephone or a letter requesting exactly what your intentions are. This way the person knows upfront why you are interested in meeting him or her.

It is pertinent to note here that having met with the mentor and shared from mentor’s experiences and advice, it would most please the mentor to see you apply those lessons and get the results you so desire. This would encourage the mentor to give more of their limited time to sharing with you as a good student.

Take action now and go get yourself a mentor and see how you become way ahead of your contemporaries in your achievements in life.

I do have myself a mentor now, in the person of my Lord Jesus Christ. With His words contained in Sacred Scripture, I know I can never fail in life. His word says in Proverbs 3: 5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Never rely on what you think you know. Remember the Lord in everything you do, and He will show you the right way” (Good News Bible).

His word also says in Mark 11: 23, “ I assure you that whoever tells this hill to get up and throw itself in the sea and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him” (Good News Bible).

With these scripture passages and many others from my mentor, Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ I know I can never fail in life because His words are true and they are life and He is pleased with me when I put them into practice and achieve results for myself.

I encourage you to try this today and see the results you’ve always wanted.

There you have another wealth secret.

© copyright Gabriel Ama

------------------------------------------------------
Click HERE to access insider secrets on how to start a business on Amazon, how to build it and profit from your efforts!
------------------------------------------------------

No comments: